This newly expanded and updated second edition of the best-selling classic continues to take the “mystery” out of designing algorithms, and analyzing their efficacy and efficiency. Expanding on the first edition, the book now serves as the primary textbook of choice for algorithm design courses while maintaining its status as the premier practical reference guide to algorithms for programmers, researchers, and students.
The reader-friendly Algorithm Design Manual provides straightforward access to combinatorial algorithms technology, stressing design over analysis. The first part, Techniques, provides accessible instruction on methods for designing and analyzing computer algorithms. The second part, Resources, is intended for browsing and reference, and comprises the catalog of algorithmic resources, implementations and an extensive bibliography.
NEW to the second edition:
• Doubles the tutorial material and exercises over the first edition
• Provides full online support for lecturers, and a completely updated and improved website component with lecture slides, audio and video
• Contains a unique catalog identifying the 75 algorithmic problems that arise most often in practice, leading the reader down the right path to solve them
• Includes several NEW “war stories” relating experiences from real-world applications
• Provides up-to-date links leading to the very best algorithm implementations available in C, C++, and Java
- The Algorithm Design Manual